Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Almost 5 months. Still going to AA meetings. Still going to Al-Anon meetings.
A different group of friends. A different set of priorities.

Getting wisdom teeth pulled presents challenges. How many pain killers is too much much? How much should I take? How do I know how bad the pain is? Maybe the ibuprofen will work. I'm worried that I will relapse.

Waking up after the procedure was interesting. I didn't like how my child looked, acted, sounded. I didn't want any more pain killers. I've been through this enough. After a morning of sleeping it off and some ibuprofen to help with pain, it began. The begging and swearing for something stronger. Not knowing what one pill would do. To my dismay, I broke down and gave a half pill. To bed they went again. Awoke feeling better and is now asking for a full pill at bedtime. Dreading, but at least sleep will come. Tomorrow, I'm hoping for no more pills. To be safe, I'm staying home one more day.

No comments:

Post a Comment